Owning your own business is hard. There are so many ups and downs. And it’s easy for the negative times to overshadow the positive. They’re easier to dwell on, making you forget about everything you’re excelling at in your business.
But the truth is that you can’t give up. Because when you do, you’re probably selling yourself short.
Every person that I know who “failed” at business did so either because they weren’t serious about actually making it happen OR because they quit before they were ever able to be successful.
Building a business that works and is profitable takes time (and anyone who tells you they have an overnight success story is either lying or just got really f-ing lucky).
So how do you know if you’re making it happen but haven’t made it quite there yet? Here are some signs to watch for…
- You take one step forward in your business every day. Even if you also take five steps backward you’re completing at least one (even baby-sized) task that will help move you forward.
- You have a story to tell and a why behind telling it that lights you up.
- You’ve heard from someone at some point telling you that you’ve influenced their life in some way. It could be as simple as “thank you for posting this, it’s just what I needed” or as complex as a testimonial video explaining every tiny thing they learned from you.
- You’re visible. You show up online and tell your story. You’re not hiding out, no matter how hard it might feel today.
- You’re acting from a place of service. You help people online without expectation of anything in return (even if you’re secretly hoping they’ll someday buy from you). You’re building relationships from giving from your heart.
- You’ve earned a penny from someone for something you’ve done in your business. It doesn’t matter if that penny immediately went to pay a bill or not. Bringing in any cash flow is a sign that you’re doing something right.
- You’re learning and experimenting and growing. You’re finding what works for you. You’re learning what your people want to know from you. You’re testing the waters of how you work best and how you want to be seen online.
- You’ve had a hater. Seriously. You’ve made it when you’ve had the first person try to screw you out of money or question your authority and knowledge.
Do any of these resonate with you? Great. Stop and celebrate your success because, lady, this is a journey and you’ll never make it through without celebrating every tiny step!
Tell me about it: what are YOU celebrating today?
Make your 2017 goals easier to achieve– join Health Coach Social Lab today! By spending less time on the little things in your business, you’ll be able to spend MORE time on the things that really matter. And isn’t that what your business is all about???